Sun, Mar 28|
Miami Brewing Company
4G - Great Gator Gravel Grinder (PENDING)
Do not miss the 7th Annual 4G - Amazing location and post race party at the Miami Brewing Company. You wont want to miss this one.
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2021, 8:00 AM
Miami Brewing Company, 30205 SW 217th Ave, Homestead, FL 33030, USA
About the Event
7th Annual 4G - (GREAT GATOR GRAVEL GRINDER) presented by Mack Cycle & Fitness
The 4G is a charity ride benefitting Radio Lollipop at Nicklaus Children Children's Hospital in memory of Meagan Wentworth. The Southern-Most Un-Southern Gravel Grinder in the U.S. is back for the seventh year. Once again we will be starting and ending at Miami Brewing Company. The courses this year will be a 70 mile, 40 mile, 25 mile and a 10 mile short family route. All categories will use new (please do not use 2019 numbers) chipped custom 4G numbers that you can use as a souvenir upon completion.
70 Mile - Male/Female Open, Masters 40+ / 50+ (Top 3 in each category get special awards)
40 Mile - Male/Female Beginner, Intermediate, Fat Tire (Top 3 in each category get special awards)
25 Mile - Fun Ride (Although not as far, this ride is still quite challenging)
10 Mile - Family Ride
As usual the course will cover a wide variety of gravel canal roads, access roads, and dirt farm roads. Each year the 4G offers courses that will be challenging, fun and unique to anywhere else you may ride.
Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 9:00am
DAY OF EVENT SCHEDULE Registration : 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Pre-rideparticipants meeting: 8:45 to 9:00 a.m. All events start at 9:00am
LOCATION START/FINISH: Miami Brewing Company 30205 SW 217th Ave Miami, Florida 33030
PACKET PICK-UP - See - https://www.facebook.com/events/592569757923074/ 10:30am to Mack's Cycle & Fitness Miami, Florida 33143
NEUTRAL SUPPORT/ REST STOPS - Provided by All Key's Cycle
A FEW RULES TO KEEP YOU SAFE
Helmet is Required, Ride safe! Ride smart!
Gravel Bikes, Mountain Bikes and Fat Tire Bikes are recommended. The terrain is rough and not suitable for road bikes.
AERO BARS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
A mixture of gravel, grass, small pot holes.................
Bring tools, tubes, air and Hydration. Be ready and prepared to fix your bike or flat tire in case of an unexpected mechanical.
Things to Remember
• Pick the right bike for the ride. (Gravel/Dirt specifics, mountain bike or fat tire bicycle).
• Road ID
• Health Insurance Card, ID, Credit Card, Cash and Phone on a waterproof protected case.
• Extra Tubes and air.
• Basic tools
• Gels, bar, snack
• Hydration (at least one 22oz bottle per hour) or (hydration backpack). NOTE: Any small backpack can help you carry extra hydration and basic tools/safety items.
• Small/Basic First-Aid Pack
PLAY IT SAFE
• Always wear a helmet.
• Check weather forecast. (Events usually post cancellations due to bad weather one hour before event starts).
• Road ID App. Great features like "Lock Screen" and "Tracking Notifications" (FREE and it works awesome, visit RoadID Dot Com)
• Have your bicycle inspected for your own safety and the safety of others riding with you.
• Say "NO to Flats" by checking the condition "wear&tear" of your tires and making sure they are properly inflated. No joke, don't be that guy, HA!
• Sunblock and Bug repellent
• Look ahead for slippery or loose surface and potential hazards.
• Pick your distance based on your ability.
• Safety first, you should not ride alone!
• ALWAYS USE COMMON SENSE.
• Must be self sufficient.
• Have a plan and let others know where you are headed and approximate time.
• Please Don't wear earbuds, this is good group ride etiquette and a courtesy for your safety and the safety of others.
• CALL 911 in case of an emergency
*The South Florida Water Management District does not charge a fee to enter or use any lands provided by the District to the public for outdoor recreational purposes. Any applicable fee, registration fee, ticket price or any other fee charged or donation accepted by the organization hosting an event on any lands provided by the District to the public for outdoor recreation purposes is not and shall not be considered a fee to enter or use the property”
70 Mile Ride
Includes a $4.05 service fee.
40 Mile Ride
Includes a $4.05 service fee.
25 Mile Ride
Includes processing/service fee.
10 Mile Family Ride
Includes a service/processing fee.